Thursday 18 October 2018

Hello There!

Or, as good old Ludwig would put it:


Or, as the good old Ghost Host would put it: 


Or, as… wait, I'm just quoting from Paul Frees characters over and over again, aren't I. 

…Alright then. 

I am a friendly multilingual Internet-dweller with more names than Argus McSwine, one of which is Aristide Twain, another being Achille Talon (though this one I borrowed from one of my favorite characters, for whose introduction I will point you towards my good friend the great Joe Torcivia's blog post on the matter. 

I am a relentless discusser-of-things, amateur writer and filmmaker, and with an interest in all sorts of entertainment, popular and not, kid-friendly and not. A common thread is that I like having fun (I'm fine with dark themes in a movie, but a little bit of humor to go with it is much preferred), another that I'm a continuity-maniac and certified Hunter of Plotholes. 

Since all the interesting people these days have blogs where they post about things they like, I thought I might jump in on the fun. However, my interests are too eclectic to tie myself down to just the one area of review, as I had done in my previous, more amateurish attempt at a blog of my own with Disney Comics Reviews. 

Thus, I've borrowed a page from Aforementioned Joe's own blog

the scope of ‘Random Reviews’ will include, and not be limited to, the Undending Universe of Unsorted Things that Interest Me. 

(U.U.U.T.I.M. for short.)

Now those of you that know me from my Disney-related activities: fear not. A healthy dose of that will remain. Indeed, one of the first posts I have planned is a Disney comic review (and I don't think you'll ever, in a million years, guess which, short of taking every story on INDUCKS in order and asking if that's it)

However, many other reviews may stray from that mold; some of them may not clearly resemble anything you have known me to be a fan of. Not only because I contain multitudes and am a fan of things you never even imagined (though… that too), but also because the ‘U.U.U.T.I.M.’ doesn't just mean stuff I like. The point of reviewing is not only to showcase the good, but also to point out the bad. 

Besides which, I'm a curious soul, and I occasionally make experiments into areas of entertainment I'm not particularly interested in. I've always done this, but now I'll have this blog to record the experience, in what I hope will be an entertaining fashion. 

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. I couldn’t be more honored than to leave the first of what should be very many comments on this fine Blog!

    Of course, I know the Disney stuff and a few of your other interests, but I look forward to exploring your entire universe of interests! I’ve no doubt I’ll be surprised and delighted!

    A Blog of your own suits you well, and you can count on me to make it a regular stop. I’ll also spread the word!

    Good Luck and Great Blogging!

    Joe Torcivia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new blog, Achille/Aristide/Scrooge MacDuck/et cetera! It looks great! You can bet that I'll be a regular reader here.
    -Drleevezan

    ReplyDelete

“The War Wagon”

The first thing about the 1967 John Wayne/Kirk Douglas vehicle The War Wagon   (yes, that pun was intentional, thank you)  is that it has o...